It’s time for another round of Stump the Bookseller, in which you show off your sleuthing skills to help find a particular novel of speculative fiction for young readers. You don’t have to be a bookseller to play, but the winner will be bestowed with the title
Super Bookseller Sleuth
Steve has provided the clues for this week. Not only was he last week’s winner, but he has also joined our blog as a contributor, so you’ll be seeing a lot more of him. Here are the clues:
- This book is based on a British movie. Or maybe a TV series?
- One of the characters is named after a part of a house. Window? Chimney? Door?
- The author is a very famous, award-winning writer, but I don’t think this book won any awards.
- I think a map might be involved in the story. And perhaps tunnels.
- Parts of the book are quite grave, like the author’s latest novel, but parts are quite funny.
ETA: Liz Encarnacion is our new Super Bookseller Sleuth. To see her answer…
Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman