ETA: This contest is now closed. Check back on Sunday, March 28 to see who won.
I learned to read from a Dr. Seuss Beginner Book (P.D. Eastman’s SNOW) — I’ll never forget that lightbulb moment — and I’ve had a very warm spot in my heart for the Cat and his Doc ever since. So I’m excited that the occasion of his birthday today (and a book birthday for me, to my delight), we can announce The Spectacle’s BIGGEST CONTEST EVER.
This one’s only for public or school librarians, and the prize is almost a library by itself: 0ne book, two book, red book, blue —oops, no, sorry. Not one or two books, but eleven great spec fiction books can join your library’s collection:
- INCARCERON by Catherine Fisher (hardback)
- SACRED SCARS by Kathleen Duey (hardback)
- THE BOOK OF NONSENSE by David Michael Slater (hardback)
- THE BOOK OF KNOWLEDGE by David Michael Slater (hardback)
- THE SECRETS OF THE CHEESE SYNDICATE by Donna St. Cyr (paperback)
- HOUSE OF THE SCORPION by Nancy Farmer (paperback)
- THE EMERALD TABLET By PJ Hoover (hardback)
- NAVEL OF THE WORLD by PJ Hoover (hardback)
- THE SEER #1: DON”T DIE DRAGONFLY by Linda Joy Singleton (revised large issue with short story bonus)
- THE FARWALKER’S QUEST by Joni Sensel (hardback)
- THE TIMEKEEPER’S MOON by Joni Sensel (hardback)
Are you hopping on Pop with excitement? Here’s how to enter:
Librarians, send us your library’s name and your professional e-mail address. You can leave that info in the comments here or e-mail it directly to joni AT jonisensel.com. Earn an additional chance at the prize if you repost or tweet the contest and let us know with the link.
And if you’re not a librarian, don’t be a Grinch! Instead, we hope you’ll repost and otherwise alert all your librarian pals. (In fact, we might pull out a bit of a prize for the referral, if our winner can tell us who told them about it.) We’ll draw the Box O’ Books winner on March 25, so there’s plenty of time to spread the word to all the Whos down in Whoville. Good luck!
— Joni, on behalf of everyone here at The Spectacle